St. George’s Anglican Church, Owen Sound, Ontario
Job Title: Pastor of Family Ministry, Part Time
An exciting opportunity to help shape a renewed, inclusive approach to Family Ministry at St. George’s. We are building on a strong existing foundation of families in a dynamic and progressive congregation. This church serves the community of greater Owen Sound and this Christian ministry will reach out into that community to serve families there as well as within the church. We are seeking to continue to grow as a vibrant family of faith. Everything we do reflects this vision, blending relevant aspects of our heritage into a fresh and modern atmosphere. We seek a leader who will build relationships and creatively develop discipleship in a growing community of families.
Goals of the Position
- Build a solid base of volunteers and train them to provide excellent ministry with children and families every Sunday morning and beyond
- Interact with individual families, outside the regular rhythm of church, to help them develop a relationship with God
- Develop and implement a range of activities and events that strengthen relationships and foster our common mission over time
- Work with the clergy and leadership team to enable the congregation’s support and positive Christian presence in the local community
- Be part, as appropriate, of our regular leadership meetings
- Employ social media to enhance communication and connection with and among families
- The successful candidate will have strong relational skills, organization and coordination, a passion for equipping others, a calling to disciple families in a multigenerational faith community, and an excitement about being part of a larger team working together toward common goals.
- Formal education and/or experience leading family ministry would be an asset. Interested candidates do not need to be from an Anglican background, but should be open to serving within our unique Anglican church.
- The ideal candidate will be gifted and excited to work with all types of families and with all ages, as this position will be a blend between children/youth and family (multigenerational) ministry.
- 20 hours per week
- Salary: $17,000 – $24,000 with benefits – commensurate with experience and qualifications
From our website: “Our goal at St. George’s is to create a welcoming, inclusive and open community where people who seek God’s Spirit in their lives can feel at home. We believe that there are as many ways to follow Jesus as there are people. We hope St. George’s might be an inviting place for you, a place where you can journey with Jesus, learning and growing in faith and reaching out in love and concern for the world God made. May you know God’s love for you, and notice God at work in the world and in your life.” Find out more about us at: www.stgeorgesos.ca
Please submit resumé & covering letter by Nov 30th, 2016, to: The Churchwardens, St. George’s Anglican Church, P.O. Box 452, 1049 4th Avenue East, Owen Sound, Ontario N4K 5P7 or e-mail to: email@example.com